Welcome to Reception Class!
We are really looking forward to the final half of the Summer Term in Reception Class and can't wait to enjoy lots of exciting activities together. Our children have enjoyed two fantastic terms at school and we are really proud of how well they have settled into our St Stephen's family. As always, please let one of the Reception Team know if you have any questions at all- we are here to help.
Our new theme is 'Diversity' and we are really looking forward to exploring ways that we can value one another and learn to appreciate our similarities and differences.
This half term also provides a wonderful Literacy Focus for us. We will be looking at the story of 'The Naughty Bus' and can't wait to enjoy lots of exciting activities together. Activities may include:
1) Making initial predictions- a purple parcel wrapped in gold ribbon has arrived! What could be inside? Could it really be a Naughty Bus?
2) Non-Fiction Writing- we will be finding out about buses and writing our own facts.
3) In the story, we learn that the Naughty Bus travels around London. What will the bus see? We will be writing our own class tour guide!
4) We will write about the adventures of the Naughty Bus.
5) We will create our own instructions for the Naughty Bus just in case it should ever visit our classroom...
In addition to our fabulous Literacy Theme, we will be exploring picture maps this half term. We will use picture maps to locate physical and human features in our school environment. In addition, we will follow picture maps in our school grounds. We will also make our own real or fantasy picture maps using pictures and objects. There will also be a lovely opportunity to use the Bee-Bots and follow picture maps using directional vocabulary.
What an exciting few weeks ahead in our Reception Class! We can't wait to share in lots of learning together...