We are in the process of recruiting brand new Digital Leaders.
What is a 'Digital Leader'?
A Digital Leader is a pupil who is part of a Digital Leaders Team within a school, whose role it is to support the use and to further the development of ICT in school.
Interested children will need to apply for the position of Digital Leader from Years 4, 5 and 6. The team will then meet regularly at Computing Club.
Pupils are then given training and support to develop specific areas of ICT expertise. Once a pupil gains an area of expertise, staff may then request the use of the Digital Leader for a variety of different roles.
Typically, things that may be performed by a Digital Leader could be:
- Test and review new Computing resources, which could be websites, software or hardware.
- Share their skills and expertise with other pupils, classes and teachers.
- Set up Computing equipment in classrooms for teachers.
- Attend and lead Computing Clubs.
- Support teachers in using ICT in the classroom.
- Staff Trainers.
- Create how-to video help guides.
We are looking for somebody who:
- is in Y4, Y5 or Y6
- loves technology and is good at using it
- is able to work independently and is a co-operative team player
- can help others learn
- is enthusiastic
- is patient
- is honest, trustworthy and reliable
What will you gain in return?
- Take part in Computing Club
- Get even better at using ICT
- Have the opportunity to teach others
- Share ideas and influence the future of computing at St. Stephen's C.E Primary
- Trial and evaluate new equipment
- Have fun!
How do I apply?
- Download an application form from below
- Email back to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name on addressed FAO Miss Green and Mr Gane before 31.5.20
- If selected, you will be given more information on your new role and sent a letter of acceptance via the post :)