We try to keep homework manageable. After a hard day at school we appreciate your child is tired and needs quality time with their family.
Each week would ask that you:
- hear your child read their home/school reading book, as well as other books at home, and read to your child as much as possible (this really helps with their writing)
- help them learn their weekly spelling to reinforce previous learning
- help them learn the 2, 5, and 10 times tables and the relevant division facts e.g. 2 x 10 = 20 therefore 20 ÷ 10 = 2 and 20 ÷ 2 = 10. The children need to know their tables forwards, backwards and out of order. Times Tables Rock Stars can really help with this.
- Times Table Rock Stars (Login codes sent home)
- Sumdog (Login codes sent home)
- Optional Read Theory (Login codes sent home)
- Seesaw weekly task (Login codes sent home)
There will be a half termly task for the children to complete at home. This can be found below.