Wednesday 1st July 2020
Hello Year 3. Welcome to July! We have been working very hard in school on our new topic this week and I hope that you are enjoying it at home too.
I have recorded the first part of a story for you today. I hope you enjoy listening to it. The book is by Eva Ibbotson and is called 'The Abominables'. I really enjoy this story and I hope you do too. I will put the next part up next week.
Here are some comprehension questions you can have a go at after you have listened to the story.
1) What job does Agatha's father do?
2) Where were Agatha and her father camping?
3) Agatha and her father have a lot of money. How do we know this? Give three reasons.
4) Which word on p.13 means the same as 'the top of'.
5) List 5 words or phrases that describe the sound Agatha heard after midnight on page 14.
6) How do you think Agatha is feeling when she is kidnapped by the creature?
7) Using the description given on page 16 can you sketch the creature?
Please don't forget to send us photos of your work to email@example.com
Miss Hindle x
Tuesday 30th June 2020
Good morning Year 3! This week it is Children's Art Week. I have attached a PowerPoint about Wassily Kandinsky. He is a very famous artist. His most famous work features concentric circles. Can you follow the task at the end of the presentation and complete your own masterpiece. Don't forget to send us photos!
Miss Hindle xx
Monday 29th June 2020
Good morning Year 3 and welcome to a new week of learning! Your learning this week is all about famous and significant people. It looks like a really interesting week and I can't wait to see all the amazing facts you find out!
Let's hope the weather clears up a little bit so that we can have some time outside.
Miss Hindle xx